So you’ve got a great idea for a new business, now what? Learn from real-world experiences how to fund your new company to ensure you don’t just survive but flourish! Speakers for this event will give participants the basics of funding a start-up in Santa Barbara. They will discuss the available avenues of funding in Santa Barbara, which types of funding fit which set of circumstances, and experiences in obtaining funding for start-ups. We will also discuss the impact of COVID-19 has had on funding.
|The New Business|
|How do you secure funding for your new company? What options exist in Santa Barbara and what trade offs do you need to consider? How do you position yourself to attract and retain sources of funding? What lessons have been learned so far?|
|The Established Business||How did sources of funding change as the business grew? What do’s and don’ts have you learned? How is the company viewed by and need to position itself to potential investors today vs. in its earlier days? What tradeoffs were made along the way – how do you know if they are the right tradeoffs?|
|The Venture Capitalist||What do you look for in a potential investment opportunity? In your experience, how have different companies approached funding and which strategies were successful? Which strategies caused unnecessary burden or difficulty? What advice do you have for start ups looking for funding today?|
- Anybody interested in starting a business in Santa Barbara
- Existing Entrepreneurs looking to “take things to the next level”
- Investors who are interested in understanding the latest thinking on funding in Santa Barbara
- Professionals who have an idea or wish to start their own business but uncertain how to start
- Students interested in how to start their own business
Participants will have:
- an understanding how to best fund a business in Santa Barbara
- receive overview of the do’s and don’ts of funding
- learn through real life stories about opportunities and challenges
- received several ideas on how to get started and what to protect against
- considered how to grow strong roots in the Santa Barbara community
- Understand nuances of various funding alternatives
- Feel excitement about building or growing a business in Santa Barbara
- Can a business be successful in getting funding in Santa Barbara?
- Can a business grow and thrive in Santa Barbara?
What Strengths and Opportunities does Santa Barbara present?
Weaknesses and Threats (aka Risks) does a business need to protect against?
Join us on Wednesday, October 21 for this FREE ONLINE EVENT.
This program will be moderated by Jason Spievak.
- Jason Spievak, Managing Partner at Entrada Ventures
- Elizabeth Cholawsky, Award-winning executive leader and CEO
- Dan Engel, Founder, Santa Barbara Venture Partners, and angel investor
About the Speakers