Welcome to MIT Enterprise Forum
Building connections with entrepreneurs in technology and beyond throughout the California Central Coast
PAST EVENT: November 20, 2019
Identity: The Unfinished Gender Revolution
- Does Gender still matter?
- Can we achieve Diversity without Discrimination?
- Is this a zero sum game, or does eliminating gender bias help everyone?
- Is Gender Bias inherent, or is it simply institutional, and we just need to work harder at it?
- Who decides someone’s gender, and what limits are there on a change of gender?
These issues are not merely academic. They are problems and opportunities for businesses, both with respect to their own human resources and also with respect to market opportunities.
What are innovative companies doing about it? Are there business opportunities if gender that is not binary, and not even spectral? Where is the Central Coast in the national debate?
PAST EVENT: October 16, 2019
Identity: The Role of AI in Nonprofit Fundraising
AI holds the potential to solve many of these issues helping lowering the cost of finding individuals who are likely to support the nonprofit organization and to intelligently manage the daily activity of fundraisers. We learned about the role of AI and how it can play in helping your nonprofit raise the financial resources it needs to fund your organization.